Thursday, January 31, 2008

Smart Salesman

There was a guy trying to get a job. He had been looking for a job for weeks and hadn't found one. One day he is looking through the paper and sees one for a toothbrush salesman. He goes for a job interview and miraculously he gets it. So the boss tells him and 2 other new employees that they have to go out and sell as many toothbrushes as possible. So he goes out the first day and comes back at the end of the day.

The boss asks him how he did. He says, "Well sir, I didn't do very good today, I only sold 15 toothbrushes." The boss is extremely ill about this, and tells him that's just not good enough. The man begs for just another chance. To which the boss agrees. So he goes out the next day to sell more toothbrushes. Comes back and the boss says "Well how'd you do today?" The guy says, "not so good boss. I only sold 20 toothbrushes today." The boss is once again angered by this saying, "20!? thats just not gonna cut it." The man begs for just one more chance. The boss finally agrees.

So the man goes out and comes back at the end of the day and the boss says "Well?" the man says "Well boss, today I sold 800 toothbrushes." The boss is amazed, he says "800!? You only sold 15 the first day, 20 the second, how did you manage to sell 800 toothbrushes today?" The man says, "Well sir, I was at the mall and I had this idea. And so I set up this stand with a sign that said 'Free Candy'. And people would come up and eat the candy and they'd say, "This candy tastes like shit!" and I would say, "It is. Wanna buy a toothbrush?"

No comments: