Thursday, January 31, 2008

Efficiency

I was eating at a nice restaurant, and I noticed all the waiters had spoons in their breast pockets. I asked my waiter about it, and he replied, "Sir, you're very perceptive. The manager is concerned with efficiency, and he found that the spoon is the utensil customers most often drop. To save time running to the kitchen for extra spoons, we all carry a spare spoon." Surprised but satisfied, I continued with my meal.

Low and behold, I dropped my spoon just a few minutes later! My waiter graciously gave me a spare spoon, when I noticed he had a piece of string hanging out of his fly. Not wanting to draw attention to a possible wardrobe malfunction, I continued eating. As another waiter walked by, I again noticed a piece of string hanging out of his fly (no, I'm not a pervert, I just notice things out of place). I motioned over my waiter and asked him about it.

He said, "Wow sir, you really are perceptive. The manager decided we took too much time washing our hands in the bathroom, so we tie a string around our...members...and use that to help 'bring the airplane out of the hangar' before we urinate."

I said, "Wow, you're manager really IS concerned with efficiency. But...how do you get it back in your pants?"

My waiter leaned over and whispered, "Between you and me, sir.....I use the spoon."

No comments: